You are free to republish this article both online and in print. We ask that you follow some simple guidelines.
Please do not edit the piece, ensure that you attribute the author, their institute, and mention that the article was originally published on the ShowMax Blog.
Copy this HTML into your CMS. Press ⌘-C to copyClose
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL SHOWMAX COMPETITIONS
1. These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted or promoted by or in association with Showmax, a division of MultiChoice Support Services Proprietary Limited, Registration Number: 2007/014131/07 (“Showmax”).
2. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
3. The competition is not open to:
1. directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Naspers Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
2. the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above.
4. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
5. Unless otherwise specified in the competition rules, you may enter the competition any time before the closing date and as many times as you can, irrespective of whether you previously won a prize from a competition conducted by Showmax.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
7. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
8. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
9. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
10. Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. Showmax will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
11. We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
1. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
2. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
3. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
12. We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
13. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
14. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
15. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
16. The winners will be notified by means of their provided email address. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 24 hours or deliver the prize, the winner will forfeit the prize and Showmax reserves the right to choose a new winner under the same conditions.
17. We may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
18. We may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
19. In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. Showmax will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
20. We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
21. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
22. We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
23. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
24. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
1. all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
2. you will take full responsibility for your partner;
3. you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
4. any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
25. If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, –
1. you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
2. you will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner’s) non compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner’s) non-compliance; and
3. you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
26. For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means our partners, co- promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
27. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa.
28. Showmax and the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS PERTAINING TO THE PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION (“RULES”) FOR YOUNGER REFERRAL COMPETITION (“COMPETITION”)
1. This Competition is run by Showmax, a division of Multichoice Support Services Proprietary Limited, Reg.no: 2007/014131/07 (“Promoter”), with its registered address at 300 Acacia Road, Darrenwood Randburg 2194.
2. The Competition begins on 1 August 2018 at 12pm CAT and ends on 24 August 2018 at 12am CAT.
3. The Competition is open to all persons of 18 (eighteen) years or older and resident in South Africa except the Promoter’s directors, partners, employees, agents, consultants and their immediate families.
4. All information submitted in the Competition must be information of persons older than 18 (eighteen) years of age.
5. In addition to these terms, this Competition is subject to the Standard Terms and Conditions of All Showmax Competitions.
6. Participation by all entrants (“Entrants”) constitutes acceptance of these Rules.
7. The following are the particulars of the Competition:
8. How to Enter:
8.1. In order to qualify, entrants must have done the following:
1. Enter their name, surname and email address via the competition entry form: blog.showmax.com/younger-competition or on Showmax’s Facebook page;
2. Accept the rules of this competition and consent to receive emails from Showmax in relation to our services and content provided;
3. Share their unique referral URL as provided;
4. A minimum of one user must click on the entrant’s unique referral URL and successfully submit their name, surname and email address via the competition entry form;
5. The entrant receives one entry per successfully referred user.
9. At the end of the competition period, Showmax will randomly select the grand prize and secondary prize winners.
10. You are required to attend to the cost for your entry, including standard internet costs.
11. Winners will be announced on 29 August 2018 at 12pm via Facebook, Twitter and an email to all entrants.
12. Showmax will notify the winners via an email before publicly announcing all 10 of the winners.
13. If a winner does not reply to the notification email sent by us within 24 (twenty-four) hours from it being sent by us, that winner will forfeit the Prize and will have no claim against us. In the event of a forfeiture as contemplated herein, we shall have the right to select a different entrant on the same conditions.
14. The Prizes:
1. There will be one grand prize winner, whom will receive one (1) copy of the book “Marriage Vacation” by Pauline Brooks and a spa voucher to the value of R3000 (the applicable SPA will be independently decided by Showmax based on the geographic location of the grand prize winner within the Republic of South Africa) (“the Grand Prize”).
2. The remaining nine (9) secondary winners will each will receive one (1) copy of the book “Marriage Vacation” by Pauline Brooks (“the Secondary Prizes”).
3. The Prize excludes all items not mentioned above and may differ from images or items used in marketing material for the Competition.
4. We will contact the winner to receive all necessary information to deliver the Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes which shall be delivered to the winner at an address within the Republic of South Africa within 21 (twenty-one) days from confirmation of the winner.
5. The Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes, or any part thereof, may not be exchanged for cash any other item. Prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute the Grand Prize and Secondary Prizes, or part thereof, with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
15. These Rules may be amended by notification at any time during the Competition.
16. The Promoter may make media announcements/ publications of the names/ photographs of any prize winner/s, provided that any prize winner/s may expressly elect to decline this.
17. Please note that by entering into this Competition the Entrant has consented to receiving mails and communication from Showmax. Should the Entrant want to opt- out from receiving these mails, he/ she may do so by following the opt- out instructions on the mail so received.
18. All Entrants hereby indemnify the Promoter and its agents, against any / all claims for any injury, loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition.
Republish this post
Republish our articles for free, online or in print, under Creative Commons licence