You are free to republish this article both online and in print. We ask that you follow some simple guidelines.
Please do not edit the piece, ensure that you attribute the author, their institute, and mention that the article was originally published on the Showmax Blog.
Copy this HTML into your CMS. Press ⌘-C to copyClose
The Telkom LIT_TV box is an Android media player that connects to your TV and lets you stream from applications like Showmax, DStv Now and YouTube. It also gives you access to thousands of apps for games, news, education, books, social media and more through the Google Play Store.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Use Chromecast and stream music and media from your phone directly to your TV using the LIT_TV box.
- Telkom fixed-line customers taking up or renew 24 month contracts for “Home Unlimited” 8Mbps/10Mbps and greater can get access to LIT TV box.
- LIT TV gives you access to Showmax, DStv Now, YouTube and the Google Play Store.
- Packages that qualify for LIT TV also include Telkom’s LIT_TV box, when purchased on contract.
- Standalone the LIT_TV box costs R1 099 and comes with a wireless remote.
How can I get a Telkom LIT_TV box?
You’ll get a LIT_TV box included in certain Telkom data packages when signing a 24 month contract, while stocks last, or you can purchase the box separately at a Telkom store.
You’ll get a FREE LIT_TV box with these packages:
- Unlimited Home 10Mbps
- Unlimited Home 20Mbps
- Unlimited Home 40Mbps
- Unlimited Home 100Mbps
How do I get Showmax on my Telkom LIT box?
The Showmax and DStv Now applications are preloaded on the device. You will just need to select the app, enter your account login details and you’re ready to watch.
Don’t have Showmax yet?
Republish this post
Republish our articles for free, online or in print, under Creative Commons licence