You are free to republish this article both online and in print. We ask that you follow some simple guidelines.
Please do not edit the piece, ensure that you attribute the author, their institute, and mention that the article was originally published on the Showmax Blog.
Copy this HTML into your CMS. Press ⌘-C to copyClose
Showmax‘s Bandwidth Capping feature allows you to control how you use your data when streaming your favourite show or movie online. Showmax also has the option to download any show or movie on Wi-Fi and watch offline on your smartphone or tablet – no data needed!
How to cap data when streaming from a smartphone or tablet
- If you don’t already have a Showmax account, go to showmax.com to sign up.
- Download the Showmax app on your smartphone, for iOS or Android.
- Once you are logged on to your Showmax account, click Menu.
- Click Settings (For iOS, click App Preference after Settings).
- Select Bandwidth Capping.
- Here, you’ll find three options:
- No Capping – this gives you the highest possible quality at 1.4 GB per hour
- Medium – 0.7 GB per hour
- Low – 0.3 GB per hour
Finally, select the bandwidth capping setting best suited to your device and budget. You’ll be surprised how good the picture quality is on the medium or low settings, especially if you’re using a smartphone or tablet.
How to cap data when streaming from a computer
- Log on to your Showmax account.
- Select whatever you want to watch from the catalogue and click PLAY NOW.
- As your show/movie begins to play, click Settings on the lower right-hand corner of the Showmax play bar.
- Your bandwidth capping options should pop up. Select the one that is most suitable to you.
Now that the capping is done, you can enjoy watching the show of your choice on Showmax without any fear that you might be using too much data.
Republish this post
Republish our articles for free, online or in print, under Creative Commons licence