You are free to republish this article both online and in print. We ask that you follow some simple guidelines.
Please do not edit the piece, ensure that you attribute the author, their institute, and mention that the article was originally published on the ShowMax Blog.
Copy this HTML into your CMS. Press ⌘-C to copyClose
Boost your home entertainment credentials by signing up to Showmax and getting unlimited access to over 20 000 movies, series, kids’ shows and documentaries, for only Ksh 880 per month.
Here is how it works.
Start your free trial
When you first sign up to Showmax, you will get 14 days of access to the entire catalogue for free – and you don’t even need a credit card!
- Go to trial.showmax.com.
- Enter your mobile phone number.
- Click on the pink “SMS my trial voucher” button.
- Check your mobile phone for an SMS that looks like this:
- Tap the link in the SMS or go to www.showmax.com/voucher.
- You’ll be asked either to sign up for a new Showmax subscription or confirm your account details.
- Next, enter your Showmax voucher code.
- Finally, you will arrive at this page, which confirms your subscription and tells you when your free trial will expire.
- Now watch your favourite shows for free for 14 days.
- After your trial has expired, you will no longer have access to Showmax and will then need to buy an M-Pesa voucher or enter your credit card details for payment.
Watch Showmax on your device, anywhere
Access Showmax on any device that is connected to the internet.
- Your phone or tablet: Get the Showmax app to stream or download shows on your Android or iOS device.
- Your laptop or computer: Go to www.showmax.com on your favourite web browser to stream.
- Your smart TV: Stream Showmax on your smart TV or connect your laptop to your TV screen with an HDMI cable.
- Your media streaming device: Use your Android TV, Apple TV or Google Chromecast to stream Showmax onto your TV.
Stay in control of your data use
Showmax offers two nifty ways for you to manage your data spend.
- Download up to 25 shows to watch offline: When you’re in a Wi-Fi zone, download up to 25 shows on the Showmax app on your tablet or phone, and you’ll be able to watch them for free offline later. And in case you’re not in a Wi-Fi zone, you can choose between four different quality settings with specific file sizes – the lower the quality, the less data you will use for the download, and the less space the show will take up on your device.
- Bandwidth capping: Setting a bandwidth cap lets you use less data by automatically adjusting the streaming quality so that you don’t exceed a certain number of GBs per hour while streaming. This is really handy if you are on a data budget.
What sets Showmax apart is that you can watch whatever you like, whenever you like. There are no ads, no interruptions and no limits (except your self-control).
- Series: Some of the gems that have launched first and only on Showmax, which you will find nowhere else in Africa include Younger, Seasons 1 to 4, Kingdom, Seasons 1 to 3, Rectify, Seasons 1 to 4, Taboo, The Young Pope and Harlots. Or binge on Game of Thrones, Seasons 1 to 6, and the entire boxsets of Friends, Desperate Housewives, Community, Grey’s Anatomy and Downton Abbey. There’s also a boxset full of excellent HBO content, from Girls and Banshee to Westworld and Ballers. Watch now »
- Kids: Add your favourite series to your Watchlist so you’ll always have a curated list of content that’s right up your alley, and set up different profiles for yourself and your kids to control their viewing. The Kids’ section on Showmax is a feast of Nickelodeon shows for teens and tweens plus hundreds of shows to keep younger kids and preschoolers entertained, including Peppa Pig, Paw Patrol, My Little Pony and Shaun the Sheep. Watch now »
- Local series and movies: And if you’re into homegrown African content, Showmax has a huge collection of newly released and classic Kenyan, Ghanaian and Nollywood series and movies – we’re talking Auntie Boss,
State House, How to Find a Husband, Rush and Kona, plus a selection of African Film Library flicks, too. And more local series and movies are added to the catalogue every week! Watch now »
Now all you have to do is sign up to Showmax.
Republish this post
Republish our articles for free, online or in print, under Creative Commons licence