You are free to republish this article both online and in print. We ask that you follow some simple guidelines.
Please do not edit the piece, ensure that you attribute the author, their institute, and mention that the article was originally published on the Showmax Blog.
Copy this HTML into your CMS. Press ⌘-C to copyClose
You’ve heard about Showmax and now you want to try it for yourself? Here’s what you need to know.
First of all, Showmax is not a channel on DStv. Showmax is an internet TV service that is accessible on internet-connected devices like tablets, laptops, smartphones, gaming consoles, media players and smart TVs.
Showmax has the world’s best shows and local favourites, including Showmax Originals like Tali’s Wedding Diary, First and Exclusive shows like Younger S1-5, HBO’s hit series Succession, and Marvel series you won’t find anywhere else, including Cloak & Dagger. There are also boxsets of Friends, Downton Abbey, Frasier and more to binge-watch.
Go to Showmax to sign up and test it out with a 14-day free trial.
How do I add Showmax to my DStv account?
DStv customers can opt to pay for Showmax as part of their monthly DStv bill. If you’re a Premium subscriber, there’s no cost for Showmax once you’ve added it to your DStv account. DStv Compact and Compact Plus subscribers get Showmax for R49.
- Go to www.showmax.com and sign in.
- Go to Manage Account and click on Manage Subscription.
- Select “DStv add to account” as your payment method.
- Enter your South African ID number.
- Confirm your mobile phone number. A one-time pin (OTP) will be SMSed to this number to verify your account.
- Enter the OTP and accept the T&Cs. Your entire family can start watching Showmax on up to 5 devices.
- Get watching!
What if I am already a Showmax subscriber?
- If you have a credit, cheque card or Paypal subscription, login to your Showmax account and change your payment method to “Add to DStv Account”.
- If you have added your Showmax subscription to another partner account or bill, you will need to cancel the current payment method and then reactivate by selecting “DStv add to account”.
For more information on how to add Showmax to your DStv account, click here.
How do I watch Showmax on my Explora?
- First, make sure your Explora is connected to the internet. To find out how, visit dstv.com/getconnected and select “DStv Connected Explora” from the slider in the middle of the page. (We recommend an uncapped connection of at least 10Mbps for the best viewing experience, and 2Mbps is the absolute minimum speed.)
- To access Showmax on your Explora, push the blue DStv button on your Explora remote control.
- Scroll to “Watch now” and select “Showmax”.
- Navigate to the content you’d like to watch and push OK when you’ve found the show you’ve been looking for.
- You will be prompted to sign into your Showmax account.
- Once you’ve signed in, there will be a 30-second countdown before the show is ready to watch.
Don’t have Showmax yet?
Republish this post
Republish our articles for free, online or in print, under Creative Commons licence