You are free to republish this article both online and in print. We ask that you follow some simple guidelines.
Please do not edit the piece, ensure that you attribute the author, their institute, and mention that the article was originally published on the Showmax Blog.
Copy this HTML into your CMS. Press ⌘-C to copyClose
Showmax has added another way to watch TV shows and movies on demand with no contract and no ads. In addition to having apps for tablets, smartphones, computers, media players and smart TVs, Showmax has now added support for the Xbox One gaming console.
29 August 2017
Internet TV service Showmax has added a new way to watch TV shows and movies on demand with no contract and no ads. As of today, the Showmax app for the Xbox One console is available on the Xbox Store.
Since Showmax was launched two years ago, new functionality such as downloads, profiles, parental controls, support for AirPlay and Chromecast, and bandwidth capping has been rolled out on a regular basis.
More recently, Showmax was added to the DStv Explora and Android TV platforms. Multiple integrations for voucher payment, mobile payment, and add-to-bill have also been completed with banks and telcos. The addition of the Xbox One app is the latest step in the continued development of Showmax.
To get the Showmax app on the Xbox One:
- If you’ve not done so already, sign up for Showmax via www.showmax.com. There’s a no-risk 14-day free trial. Showmax is not a contract – it’s simply paid on a month to month basis and can be cancelled any time.
- You’ll need the email address and password you use to sign up for Showmax to sign in on the Xbox One.
- Go to the Store tab on the Xbox One.
- Go to the Search tab on the right-hand side of the screen and search for Showmax.
- Install the app.
- Sign in to the app using the same email and password you used to sign up for Showmax.
- To pin the Showmax app to your home screen, highlight the app tile, press the menu button and then select “pin to home”.
Showmax is an internet TV service. For a single monthly fee, get all-you-can-eat access to a huge online catalogue of TV shows, movies, kids’ shows and documentaries. Start and stop when you want. No ads. Cancel anytime – there’s no contract.
Showmax was born in 2015 and is part of the Naspers group. Showmax is currently available in more than 70 countries. For a free, no-risk trial, visit www.showmax.com.
For more information
Republish this post
Republish our articles for free, online or in print, under Creative Commons licence