You are free to republish this article both online and in print. We ask that you follow some simple guidelines.
Please do not edit the piece, ensure that you attribute the author, their institute, and mention that the article was originally published on the Showmax Blog.
Copy this HTML into your CMS. Press ⌘-C to copyClose
From 7 February until 7 April, DStv Compact and Compact Plus subscribers who add Showmax to their DStv bill* will receive a two-month-long no-cost test-drive of the streaming service. Visit www.showmax.com/dstv for full details.
Showmax is a video-on-demand service with entire past seasons and new episodes added weekly of local favourites including The River, The Queen, Isithembiso and Dwaalster. Showmax also has international hit shows including the latest episodes and all past seasons of Vikings and Game of Thrones, all four seasons of The Magicians, the boxset of HBO’s The Leftovers and Seasons 1 to 5 of Silicon Valley.
And then there’s the Showmax Originals Tali’s Wedding Diary and The Girl From St Agnes (which recently broke the record for first-day viewing audience on Showmax), with the third Original Trippin With Skhumba due to hit Showmax later this month.
Showmax is accessed via apps for smart TVs, gaming consoles, media players, Apple TV, smartphones, tablets, the DStv Explora decoder, and through web browsers for laptops and desktop computers. Shows and movies can also be downloaded to smartphones and tablets for viewing later while offline.
Showmax is normally priced at R99 per month. A two-month no-cost test-drive has now been made available to DStv Compact and Compact Plus customers. In order to access this, Compact and Compact Plus customers should follow these steps:
- Go to showmax.com and sign-up.
- Enter SA ID number.
- Confirm mobile phone number. A one-time pin (OTP) will be SMSed to this number to verify the account.
- Enter the OTP and accept the T&Cs.
- Download the Showmax app and start watching.
The Showmax free test drive can be cancelled at any time. Once the two month period is over, Compact and Compact Plus customers will be charged the discounted rate of R49 per month.
Visit www.showmax.com/dstv for full details. Showmax requires internet access and consumes data. The cost of this data is not included.
Full list of supported devices:
- Android phones and tablets running Android 4.1.0 or higher
- Android TV devices running Android 4.1.0 or higher
- Apple iPhones and iPads running iOS 9.3 or higher
- DStv Explora
- Samsung Smart TVs (2012 and later)
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (2015 and later)
- LG NetCast Smart TVs (2012 to 2014)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs (2014 and later)
- Hisense Smart TVs
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
- Laptop & desktop computers (via web browsers)
- Apple TV (4th Generation) running tvOS 10.0 or higher
- Apple AirPlay
- Google Cast (casting from the Showmax app for Android or iOS)
*This offer is reserved for first-time Showmax add-to-bill subscribers in South Africa.
Republish this post
Republish our articles for free, online or in print, under Creative Commons licence