You are free to republish this article both online and in print. We ask that you follow some simple guidelines.
Please do not edit the piece, ensure that you attribute the author, their institute, and mention that the article was originally published on the ShowMax Blog.
Copy this HTML into your CMS. Press ⌘-C to copyClose
With over 25 000 movies, documentaries, series and kids’ shows on Showmax, it can be really tricky to decide what to watch next. Especially when you’ve only got a couple of precious hours every evening to indulge.
Now, with the new “What to watch next” feature on Showmax for PC, you won’t have to think too hard (or at all) about what your next binge session should be.
How it works
When you come to the last 20 seconds or so of a movie or an episode of a series when watching on your computer or laptop, a pop-up screen will appear with two or three suggestions for the next show to watch.
If you’re watching a series and need a break, the screen will give you the option to “Continue watching” or to select one of the two other similar series under “What to watch next”.
If you’ve just come to the end of a movie, you’ll see a pop-up screen that gives you three suggestions for other movies or series that you might like to watch next.
This saves you loads of research, guesswork and browsing time – and you never know, you might find your new favourite addictive series or get the chance to revisit a classic movie you haven’t seen in years.
How to use the feature
- Sign up to Showmax if you haven’t already. You get a free 14-day trial to test it out, and if you cancel during those 14 days, you won’t be charged a cent. (If you decide to keep your subscription, you’ll pay only R99 per month for all-you-can-eat access to the massive Showmax line-up. After that, you can also cancel at any time – there’s no commitment and there are no penalties.)
- Go to www.showmax.com in your web browser on your laptop or desktop.
- Choose a series, movie, kids’ show or documentary to watch.
- Keep watching until are about 20 seconds before the end.
- When the pop-up recommendation screen appears, click on the thumbnail of the movie or series you’d like to try next – or continue watching the same series.
How to manage your data while streaming
Remember that when you watch on your PC, you are streaming over the internet, so you will use data, unless you have Wi-Fi or are in a Wi-Fi hotspot.
To limit the amount of data you use, click on the Settings icon in the bar on the bottom of your screen when your show is playing, and select Bandwidth Capping. Choosing a Low or Medium cap will reduce the visual quality of the show, but you will use a lot less data, depending on which option you select.
Read more on the ins and outs of unlimited streaming on Showmax.
Republish this post
Republish our articles for free, online or in print, under Creative Commons licence